Title : Developing Artificial Intelligence for Medical Imaging
Company : University Hospital Ulm, Experimental Radiology
Term : temporary
Type : full-time
Location : Ulm, Germany, office-based with the option for home-office
Salary : According to TV-L (100%)
Apply here : (See official job advertisment)
Closing date for applications : 15.04.2021
Please reply to post below with any questions.
The newly founded group “Experimental Radiology” led by Prof. Michael Götz has the goal to ensure the efficient usage of radiolgoical imaging data in terms of a image-driven precision medicine. As an independent research group that is based directly in the clinical environments we are developing new Artificial Intelligence methods and approaches to address the specific challenges of medical imaging. Together with clinical partners, clinical studies are carried out to test and translate the new approaches into the clinical setting. For this, the direct integration in the clinic allows us fast and direct access to relevant questions and data. To further strengthen our team, we are looking for a scientific employee (PhD-candidate) for AI for medical image computing.
- Conducting own research for the development and implementation of novel approaches and applications in the field of machine learning / deep learning for medical image computing
- Publication and presentation of research results on national and international scientific congresses
- Support for cooperative research studies
- Working together with other groups and divisions from the field of medical research data
- Clinical validation and establishing of research results
- Finished master-studies, best from a field computer science, electrical engineering, physics, or similar studies.
- Strong and open communication
- Pro-active, structured working style
- Interest in interdisciplinary work
- Programming of high-level languages like python or c++
- Best would be first knowledge in AI /machine learning (CNN, GAN) and (medical) image computing
For more information, especially contact information, please see the official job advertisement (german only). The offer is in german only, however, the information is mostly identical to the information in post. Applications of english-speaking persons are highly welcome.