Merging 2 label maps in 3D MRI images(nifti) files

Hi guys ,I am working on brain MRI data(nifti) i currently have 2 label maps ,one is fast surfer segmentation label map of size (256,256,256) and other is brats 2020 dataset label map of size (240,240,155),What i want to do is take tumour label from brats data and include that in fast surfer labels,Question is how do i do this?sizes of both images are different

Hi Mukund, one approach could be to transform the label maps into the same imaging space. If you have anatomical mean images for both datasets you could register these and then apply the transformations to the label images to bring them into the same space. Depending on how you do it, you may need to zero pad the smaller volume so they have the same dimensions.

Alternatively, you may just want to register individual images that you wish to segment into both spaces and perform labelling separately.

hi @UCLjames,Thanks for the reply, I am quite new to imaging can you explain in basic ,
1)how do i get transformation?
2)how do i get anatomical mean of both images?as fast surfer i just input an image and since its a pretrained network it gives output segmented image.
3) you said :Alternatively, you may just want to register individual images that you wish to segment into both spaces and perform labelling separately.
can you please elaborate how to do this,it would really be helpful if you can point to some resources where i can learn these things.
Thanks

Category icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com