Maintenance of Siemens Inveon scanners beyond 2022

To the imaging community owning a Siemens Inveon PET/SPECT/CT scanner. PLEASE SHARE TO ANYONE WHO MAY BE INTERESTED! As you know those scanners will reach end of official maintenance by Siemens in December 2022 (in most countries). This is going to be a major issue for all Inveon owners and in this time in which we speak and hear a lot about sustainability, eco-friendliness and right-to-repair, scrapping 100’s of scanners around the world does not sound any of those!! So I am trying to assess whether Inveon owners would be interested in joining an initiative that would help maintain these scanners for few more years. Not only this would make sense for scanners that are still in perfect condition from a sustainability point of view but it would also make sense financially as it will be difficult for all of us to replace our Inveon by a brand new scanner by end of 2022.If you are interested, please reply to this post or contact me.

1 Like

I am interested. How do we contact you?

1 Like

@uanazodo to prevent users having to publish contact details publicly in discussions you can use the ‘message’ functionality to exchange contact details. Just tap on a users icon and select message in the window that opens up.

Hi uanazodo,
Where are you based? Can you tell me more about the scanner(s) you have (PET/SPECT/CT), etc.
You can contact me via message here. I don’t know if we can exchange private message outside the forum.
Best
Hervé

Additional information: I have been told by Siemens that maintenance may go beyond 2022, until 2024? (in some countries?)… I am waiting for confirmation of this, but it is likely to be country dependent.
Hervé

1 Like

Hi,
Siemens has now confirmed that maintenance and support of Inveon scanner will continue until end of 2024. This is good news for all users. I would advise to get in touch with your national/local Siemens engineer to confirm.
Best regards,
Hervé

1 Like
Category icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com