We collect data about you:
- When you browse our forum.
- When you create and use an account on our forum.
- When you post, send private messages, and otherwise participate in our forum.
We collect data when you use our forum, whether you use the forum using a web browser on your own computer or use apps for mobile devices.
We do not buy or otherwise receive data about you from data brokers.
We collect data about visits to our forum.
We use data about how you use the website to:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our forum — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To diagnose and debug technical errors.
- To defend the forum from abuse and technical attacks.
- To compile statistics on forum and topic popularity.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
We collect account data
We require an account to post and reply to topics. To sign up for a forum account, your name, a user name, and an e-mail address is required.
We use your account data to identify you on the forum, and to create pages specific to you, like your profile page.
We use your e-mail address to:
- Notify you about posts and other activity on the forum.
- Reset your password and help keep your account secure.
- Contact you in special circumstances related to your account.
- Contact you about legal requests, like DMCA takedown requests.
You may provide additional data for your account, like a short biography, your location, or your birthday, on the profile settings page for your account. We make that data available to others who can access the forum. You don’t have to provide this additional information, and you can erase it at any time.
We store your account data as long as your account remains open.
We collect data about posts and other activity on the forum.
We collect the content of your posts, plus data about bookmarks, likes, and links you follow in order to share that data with others, through the forum and publish your activity.
We collect data about private messages that you send through the forum. We make private messages available to senders and their recipients, and also to forum administrators.
We store your posts and other activity as long as your account remains open.
You can make choices about how data about is used on the settings page for your account.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We respect privacy rights under Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You can see your account data at any time by visiting your account page on the forum. Your account page also lists your posts and other activity on the forum.
Your account activity page also includes a link to download all of your activity in standard comma-separated values format.
You can change your account data at any time by visiting the profile settings page for your account. Closing your account starts a process of erasing or anonymizing our records of data you provided for your account. Forum administrators can erase and anonymize accounts.
We use data about posts and activity to set trust levels automatically.
This forum may use data about your posts and activity to award you badges and calculate a trust level for your account. Your trust level may affect how you can participate in the forum, such as whether you can upload images, as well as give you access to moderation and management powers in the forum. Your trust level therefore reflects forum administrators’ confidence in you, and their willingness to delegate community management functions, like moderation.
If you think your trust level has been set incorrectly, contact a forum administrator. They can manually adjust the trust level of your account.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
We share account data with others as mentioned in the section about account data.
We share data about your posts and other forum activity with others as mentioned in the section about forum data. Other individuals and companies may also reuse data about you that we publish, such as your posts to this forum. We may occassionally repost, and/or hyperlink to, forum content on services run by others.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.